Total loan: $875


Flag of Honduras
Gracias, Lempira, Lempira Department, Honduras / Agriculture

Jose's loan finished fundraising,
but these similar borrowers just need a little more help to reach their goals!

A loan helped to invest in fertilizers and pay for the cleaning of his coffee crops.

Jose's story

Jose, 34, is married and lives with his spouse with whom he has four children. He lives with his family in a community of Gracias, in Lempira, and earns a living in agriculture. Twelve years ago, he decided to grow coffee on his own land, which is of good quality, as his main source of income. These days, it is noted that the plants are in good condition. He also grows corn and beans for sale as well as household consumption.

Jose is applying for a loan with the institution in the amount of 20,000 Lempiras, 60% of which he will invest in fertilizers and the other 40% to pay for the cleaning of his coffee crops. This will help him to obtain a better harvest.

He plans to grow as a farmer and have a plantation with a higher production of coffee that he can export and thus bring a better future to his family.