- A loan of $600 helps Destin to pay for schooling fees.
- A loan of $3,575 helps Benkadi Group to buy animals to resell.
- A loan of $775 helps Wynona to buy a box of chicken, a box of sausage, mushroom soy sauce, onions...
- A loan of $3,850 helps Tiessiri Group to buy merchandise for retail in order to make a profit for...
- A loan of $275 helps Stephen to buy pesticides and manure to apply in his coffee and banana plant...
When you lend to an artisan you:
- Enable them to start or grow an independent business. You can loan $25 or more.
- Support shorter, more environmentally-friendly supply chains by helping them access markets directly.
- Keep vibrant cultural traditions alive by backing craftsmen and women who create works passed through generations.
Artisans worldwide struggle to access the loans they need to start and grow their businesses. They are locked out of traditional loans for a number of reasons: the amount they need is too small, their business is too young, their plan is too innovative, or their credit history is too short or damaged.
What they do have is the passion, creativity, and talent to hand-make and sell high-quality goods. And now they have you.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
Welcome to the people-powered economy. Uniting the power of Kiva lenders and Etsy’s global marketplace of creative entrepreneurs, this unique partnership gives artisans the financing they need to start or grow independent businesses.
Kiva Zip trustees are technical assistance providers, community organizations, and individuals committed to supporting social good and job growth through entrepreneurship. With their help, small business owners can access interest-free crowdfunded loans through Kiva Zip. Our Etsy trustees include: