- A loan of $700 helps Lournie to buy fishing net and bobo (a kind of trap) materials.
- A loan of $1,050 helps Doris Denis to buy fish, feed, a fishing net and clothing to distribute in...
- A loan of $975 helps Janice to buy a water tank and a generator to harvest rain water for home us...
- A loan of $375 helps Fanuel to buy chickens and feed.
- A loan of $1,125 helps Lekel-Lekel Group to purchase high-quality thread and also to start a new ...
Back a dream today
People all over the world have dreams of a better future, for their families and their communities.
Through Kiva, you have the power to back the dream of someone halfway around the globe with just a $25 loan. You could help a woman build her business, a student access education or a farmer have a successful harvest. When you get repaid, you can relend that same $25 in another person's dream.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
About KivaKiva is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
We’ve helped more than 1.4 million people around the world (so far) and earned fans like former President Bill Clinton, Oprah, and comedians Louis C.K. and Amy Poehler along the way!
Kiva has been awarded Charity Navigator's highest rating: