- A loan of $650 helps Hillary to attain a kisok to run her business as a Zoona mobile money transf...
- A loan of $1,000 helps Abeer to buy new sewing machine, yarns and fabrics to improve her work.
- A loan of $1,500 helps Sohair to buy small sheep and feed to increase her sales of cheese and milk.
- A loan of $9,250 helps Urukundo Cb Group to buy different fabrics to sell.
- A loan of $200 helps Eunice to pay tuition fees for her children.
Back a dream today
People all over the world have dreams of a better future, for their families and their communities.
Through Kiva, you have the power to back the dream of someone halfway around the globe with just a $25 loan. You could help a woman build her business, a student access education or a farmer have a successful harvest. When you get repaid, you can relend that same $25 in another person's dream.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
About KivaKiva is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
We’ve helped more than 1.4 million people around the world (so far) and earned fans like former President Bill Clinton, Oprah, and comedians Louis C.K. and Amy Poehler along the way!
Kiva has been awarded Charity Navigator's highest rating: