- A loan of $7,000 helps Brandon us replace old materials, boosts our advertising and marketing, an...
- A loan of $9,000 helps Rebecca purchase new ingredients and equipment.
- A loan of $4,800 helps Ethel Pay for school to obtain a groomer's license.
- A loan of $2,900 helps Leroy purchase accounting tax preparation software, business equipment, an...
- A loan of $5,000 helps Andreas increase our marketing, community outreach, and to secure vital vo...
Each of Us Can Lend a Hand
Kiva City D.C. expands access to financial services for small business owners who have the dream and the plan, but who lack access to capital. For these businesses, microlending can serve as a bridge, providing working capital to start up, expand, and hire or retain employees.
The power to shape the course and success of the nation's economy belongs in all of our hands.
Kiva City D.C. is a partnership of Kiva, Latino Economic Development Center, Capital One and Kiva Trustees.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
Kiva City D.C. joins Kiva City Detroit, New Orleans and Los Angeles as part of the broader Kiva City program extending small business access to microloans in U.S. cities.
Each Kiva City is a partnership of community groups, leaders and microfinance organizations working together to fill the funding gap faced by many of our nation's small businesses owners. Through microlending, people can help to crowd fund loans to small businesses as they start up or expand, creating jobs and stronger local communities.
If you are local to the D.C. area and would like to apply for a loan, please visit LEDC (www.ledcmetro.org) or https://borrow.kiva.org.