Kiva Internship Opportunity - Social Performance
Position: Intern/Volunteer, Social Performance
Location: San Francisco, CA – Downtown/Mission District
Job Type: Volunteer, Part-time or Full-time
Term: 3-4 months
Reports to: Regional Director of Portfolio Team
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
Called the "hottest non-profit on the planet" by FORTUNE magazine and a Top 50 Website by TIME, Kiva (www.kiva.org) is the world's first person-to-person lending marketplace for the poor. In just 4 years, Kiva has raised $100+ million for 300,000+ entrepreneurs in 50+ countries. Kiva combines the culture and approach of an internet start-up with an intense focus on alleviating global poverty. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level - targeting $1 billion in loans by 2015 and expansion into new areas (e.g. student loans, climate change, etc). Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva's team has 50 employees and 500+ volunteers.
Kiva is currently piloting an exciting new initiative to help measure and better understand the social performance of our MFI partners across the globe. With the help of on-site Kiva Fellows, we are currently working to collect and organize data from each of our partners on their mission, vision, targeting, outreach, economic and social benefits provided to clients, among other things. The Social Performance Intern will be responsible for working closely with the one of the Regional Directors on the Portfolio team and the head of the Fellow Program to enter data into our database and help process and organize information we are receiving from the field.
Core Skills and Experience:
- Ability to grasp complex tasks and deliver quality outcomes
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative, a "ready to help" attitude and an outgoing personality
- Comfort with web applications: Gmail, databases (Salesforce), Wiki
- Study or travel in the developing world is desirable, but not required
- Spanish and/or French skills a plus
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity to join the team of the world's first online person-to-person lending platform
- Learn about program management and international volunteering in microfinance
- References gladly given for successful participants
- Please fill out our Application Form. Make sure you have a plain text resume and cover letter available.
- Due to the high numbers of applicants for this position, we regret that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview.