Read their story >
Change a woman's life with a loan.
- FarmingArmeniaGohar lives in Spandaryan village with her husband and son. She is a teacher by profession, with a Master's degree in pedagogy. She works at the local village school.
Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Fish SellingVietnamMrs Thanh is 53 years old and married with four children. She has operated a food stall/restaurant selling fish for more than 10 years.
Thanh lives in Hau Loc district...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- General StorePhilippinesLourdes is 42 years old and has four children who attend school. She works very hard to provide for them. Lourdes operates a general store in the Philippines, which she has...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- LivestockKyrgyzstanSalamat is 62 years old and married. She and her husband raised 5 children. She has a secondary education and is now retired. Salamat knows exactly what she wants and worki...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- Liquor Store / Off-LicensePhilippinesAdelina is a woman who is 57 years old. She is from Mahaplag, Leyte and sells “tuba” to earn a living. “Tuba” is a local term which means coconut wine. This coconut wine is...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,133 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.