Change a woman's life with a loan.
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesMaribel is 46 and a married woman with four children, three of whom attend school. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Maribel has a buy and sell fruit business i...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesKyrgyzstanNargiza is 32 years old, married, and has a post-secondary education. For 5 years now, Nargiza has been selling men's clothing, which she began doing with 50,000 som (KGS)....Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaSarah is a married woman with four children, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither piped water nor electricity.
Sarah has been operating...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndiaTapaswini is 30 years old and she is married. She has engaged in the farming business for the last five years. She lives in Bolangir district, a rural town in Odisha, India...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- FishingPhilippinesCarmilita is a 52-year-old married woman with six children, three of whom are in school. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
Carmilita has a dried fish busi...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
When you lend to a woman
You can set off an amazing chain reaction. It all starts with a $25 loan to start a business and grow her income:
- Women reinvest 80% of their income in the health and well-being of their children.
- A child born to a mother who can read is 50% more like to live past age 5.
- For girls, every additional year of school increases her future earning potential by 20%.
- Daughters of economically empowered mothers are more likely to follow in their footsteps.
Now that’s a virtuous cycle. It’s easy to do your part.
Kiva connects millions of people through lending to alleviate poverty worldwide. By providing fair access to affordable capital, hundreds of thousands of lenders just like you empower borrowers to improve their own lives.
We work with socially-driven organizations in 65+ countries to offer microloans to the people who need it most -- but also to promote clean energy, support conflict-zone recovery, and much more. Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,016 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.