Connect with Kiva's lender community
Join a lending team and get to know Kiva's vibrant community of active and inspiring lenders.
Lending teams are self-organized groups where members can connect with one another and rally around shared lending goals.
Start a team and invite your friends. Or join an existing team below.
- 7 members have lent $34,500 in 1,353 loansNew York Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We have met so many wonderful people in our visits to developing nations, and we greatly appreciate this opportunity to help them during our wedding celebration.
- 5 members have lent $28,300 in 357 loansVancouver, BC and Bellingham, WA Category: Other Team since: Jun, 2009We loan because: microcredit has proven itself one of the best ways to support economic and social justice on a sustainable scale and where it matters - in the community. We are so impressed with Kiva's approach and successes so…
- 26 members have lent $18,325 in 626 loansCategory: Events Team since: Dec, 2008We loan because: we're celebrating Viji and Lewis' journey together
- 2 members have lent $14,775 in 572 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.
- 38 members have lent $13,575 in 459 loansHong Kong Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: This is a wonderful charity and would love the opportunity to do our bit to help alleviate poverty.
- 8 members have lent $13,425 in 523 loansLafayette, Colorado Category: Events Team since: Apr, 2009We loan because: It's a great opportunity to make a difference in the world.
- 10 members have lent $13,275 in 238 loansWhere there is love Category: Friends Team since: Jan, 2010
- 25 members have lent $12,625 in 416 loansSeattle, WA Category: Other Team since: Feb, 2011We loan because: Wedding
- 4 members have lent $9,225 in 254 loansAdelaide, South Australia Category: Events Team since: May, 2010We loan because: This is a great way to help disadvantaged people across the world - promoting empowerment and making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of individuals, families and communities.
- 17 members have lent $9,000 in 269 loansOrange County, California Category: Events Team since: May, 2009We loan because: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead