Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 9 members have lent $36,250 in 1,423 loansNew York Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We have met so many wonderful people in our visits to developing nations, and we greatly appreciate this opportunity to help them during our wedding celebration.
- 6 members have lent $30,750 in 455 loansVancouver, BC and Bellingham, WA Category: Other Team since: Jun, 2009We loan because: microcredit has proven itself one of the best ways to support economic and social justice on a sustainable scale and where it matters - in the community. We are so impressed with Kiva's approach and successes so…
- 27 members have lent $19,250 in 650 loansCategory: Events Team since: Dec, 2008We loan because: we're celebrating Viji and Lewis' journey together
- 26 members have lent $15,200 in 477 loansSeattle, WA Category: Other Team since: Feb, 2011We loan because: Wedding
- 2 members have lent $14,775 in 572 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.
- 9 members have lent $14,550 in 568 loansLafayette, Colorado Category: Events Team since: Apr, 2009We loan because: It's a great opportunity to make a difference in the world.
- 39 members have lent $13,975 in 475 loansHong Kong Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: This is a wonderful charity and would love the opportunity to do our bit to help alleviate poverty.
- 11 members have lent $13,275 in 238 loansWhere there is love Category: Friends Team since: Jan, 2010
- 18 members have lent $9,475 in 282 loansOrange County, California Category: Events Team since: May, 2009We loan because: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
- 5 members have lent $9,225 in 254 loansAdelaide, South Australia Category: Events Team since: May, 2010We loan because: This is a great way to help disadvantaged people across the world - promoting empowerment and making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of individuals, families and communities.