Lending Teams: Connect with Kiva's lender community
Join a Lending Team and get to know Kiva's vibrant community of active and inspiring lenders.
Lending Teams are self-organized groups where members connect with each other and rally around shared lending goals.
Start a team and invite your friends. Or join an existing team below.
- 3 members have lent $28,525 in 1,117 loansNew York Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We have met so many wonderful people in our visits to developing nations, and we greatly appreciate this opportunity to help them during our wedding celebration.
- 4 members have lent $23,300 in 208 loansVancouver, BC and Bellingham, WA Category: Other Team since: Jun, 2009We loan because: microcredit has proven itself one of the best ways to support economic and social justice on a sustainable scale and where it matters - in the community. We are so impressed with Kiva's approach and successes so…
- 2 members have lent $14,700 in 569 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.
- 8 members have lent $13,150 in 234 loansWhere there is love Category: Friends Team since: Jan, 2010
- 23 members have lent $13,025 in 435 loansCategory: Events Team since: Dec, 2008We loan because: we're celebrating Viji and Lewis' journey together
- 36 members have lent $11,700 in 388 loansHong Kong Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: This is a wonderful charity and would love the opportunity to do our bit to help alleviate poverty.
- 5 members have lent $10,825 in 420 loansLafayette, Colorado Category: Events Team since: Apr, 2009We loan because: It's a great opportunity to make a difference in the world.
- 25 members have lent $10,075 in 342 loansSeattle, WA Category: Other Team since: Feb, 2011We loan because: Wedding
- 3 members have lent $8,125 in 211 loansAdelaide, South Australia Category: Events Team since: May, 2010We loan because: This is a great way to help disadvantaged people across the world - promoting empowerment and making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of individuals, families and communities.
- 8 members have lent $7,900 in 226 loansSan Francisco, CA Category: Events Team since: Dec, 2009