Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 2 members have lent $14,800 in 573 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.
- 40 members have lent $14,625 in 500 loansHong Kong Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: This is a wonderful charity and would love the opportunity to do our bit to help alleviate poverty.
- 25 members have lent $13,325 in 503 loansIngolstadt, Germany Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We believe in entrepreneurship and strong people who take their lives into their own hands - If seed capital is the only missing piece to help somebody get started, we're more than happy to provide it!
- 13 members have lent $13,225 in 196 loansCharlotte, NC Category: Events Team since: Aug, 2012We loan because: We're celebrating Ernest and Corinna's journey together
- 6 members have lent $12,150 in 472 loansThe Nordic countries Category: Events Team since: Sep, 2010We loan because: It is a small amount for us but a big amount for the entrepreneurs (BAF = The Birthday & Anniversary Foundation)
- 4 members have lent $11,425 in 197 loansKristiansand, Norway Category: Events Team since: Jun, 2012We loan because: Our generous friends voted for lending to Kiva.
- 56 members have lent $11,125 in 399 loansAnywhere Category: Events Team since: Sep, 2008We loan because: Bloggers uniting can make a huge impact!
- 21 members have lent $10,150 in 349 loansWorldwide Category: Events Team since: Nov, 2010We loan because: At a certain point in life, birthday presents are silly.
- 18 members have lent $10,050 in 299 loansOrange County, California Category: Events Team since: May, 2009We loan because: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
- 5 members have lent $9,775 in 276 loansAdelaide, South Australia Category: Events Team since: May, 2010We loan because: This is a great way to help disadvantaged people across the world - promoting empowerment and making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of individuals, families and communities.