Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 1,081 members have lent $507,550 in 13,968 loansHarvard-Westlake School, 3700 Coldwater Canyon Ave Studio City, CA 91604 Category: Schools Team since: Sep, 2013We loan because: we want to help those in need. This project is in honor of our Aunt Kim who is battling breast cancer. She is a giving and selfless person, and we are making loans to budding entrepreneurs in extension of that spirit of…
- 182 members have lent $253,500 in 3,025 loansStrathcona High School Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2011We loan because: We want to help others write a better story for their lives. We want to leave a powerful legacy that will make a difference in the world.
- 104 members have lent $196,875 in 7,492 loansAndover, MN Category: Schools Team since: Mar, 2009We loan because: We know we can change the world.
- 118 members have lent $174,500 in 5,199 loansHonolulu Category: Schools Team since: Aug, 2008We loan because: Microloans are part of lesson of the Senior CapSEEDS course which stands for Social entrepreneurship, Economics, Environment, Deeds of service, and Sustainable solutions. Microloans are encompassed in attributes of the…
- 55 members have lent $173,125 in 6,440 loansLos Gatos High School Category: Schools Team since: Sep, 2008We loan because: We want to help people throughout the world have a better life.
- 89 members have lent $147,650 in 5,474 loansCategory: Schools Team since: Nov, 2008We loan because: Live simply that others may simply live. -Ghandi.
Here is a video of why we loan:
We must be the change we wish to see in…
- 85 members have lent $131,550 in 5,170 loansSt. Louis Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2009We loan because: John Burroughs School emphasizes the importance of giving back to others. Loaning to independent businesses in other less affluent countries is our way of helping not only the community but also the rest of the world.
- 180 members have lent $105,150 in 566 loansLas Vegas, NV Category: Schools Team since: Nov, 2008We loan because: As Margaret Mead said, we "never doubt that a small group of committed and dedicated people can change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has."
- 8 members have lent $97,550 in 2,918 loansWorldwide Category: Schools Team since: Apr, 2011We loan because: As responsible world citizens we want sustainable growth and a successful future for all of the planet's inhabitants.
- 33 members have lent $95,575 in 1,161 loansSan Diego California Category: Schools Team since: Jan, 2012We loan because: We would like to help people to grow their businesses and to improve their communities. And just simply We care.