Connect with Kiva's lender community
Join a lending team and get to know Kiva's vibrant community of active and inspiring lenders.
Lending teams are self-organized groups where members can connect with one another and rally around shared lending goals.
Start a team and invite your friends. Or join an existing team below.
- 14 members have lent $49,050 in 836 loansWestern Washington Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2010We loan because: We want to make the world a better place and we believe that fostering the opportunities for entrepreneurs to start a business is a great way to help people help themselves.
- 10 members have lent $40,025 in 1,578 loansEverywhere Category: Events Team since: Nov, 2009We loan because: Why keep money sitting around somewhere when it could be much more useful as capital for entrepreneurs?
- 8 members have lent $34,900 in 1,369 loansNew York Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We have met so many wonderful people in our visits to developing nations, and we greatly appreciate this opportunity to help them during our wedding celebration.
- 126 members have lent $33,000 in 1,182 loansThe Worldwide Web Category: Events Team since: May, 2009We loan because: UPDATE #5 - We're well on our way to $30,000. In January 2014, we hit a milestone of 1000 loans. Please join us! (1/18/14)
UPDATE #4 - What a great Lending Team! We surpassed the $20,000 goal in…
- 105 members have lent $28,750 in 1,082 loansLoop, 23 Meyers Place, Melbourne - Monday 22 October 2012 Category: Events Team since: Sep, 2011We loan because: it is Kiva's 7th birthday! Let's celebrate 7 years of small change making a big difference in the world
- 27 members have lent $22,500 in 848 loansSanta Rosa, California, USA Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We want to make a difference
- 27 members have lent $18,700 in 637 loansCategory: Events Team since: Dec, 2008We loan because: we're celebrating Viji and Lewis' journey together
- 30 members have lent $18,525 in 658 loansWorldwide Category: Events Team since: Feb, 2009We loan because: It's such a fantastic way of doing something good in the world.
- 46 members have lent $17,350 in 256 loansMelbourne, Australia Category: Events Team since: Sep, 2008We loan because: In celebrating LJ's 40th birthday we wish to support a woman to change her life.
- 2 members have lent $14,775 in 572 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.