Connect with Kiva's lender community
Lending teams are self-organized groups built around common interests, school affiliation or location.
Join as many teams as you'd like, and rally around shared lending goals by counting each of your loans at checkout toward the team's impact.
To get started, simply join an existing team or create a new one and invite your friends!
- 14 members have lent $51,075 in 879 loansWestern Washington Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2010We loan because: We want to make the world a better place and we believe that fostering the opportunities for entrepreneurs to start a business is a great way to help people help themselves.
- 12 members have lent $42,600 in 1,681 loansEverywhere Category: Events Team since: Nov, 2009We loan because: Why keep money sitting around somewhere when it could be much more useful as capital for entrepreneurs?
- 9 members have lent $36,250 in 1,423 loansNew York Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We have met so many wonderful people in our visits to developing nations, and we greatly appreciate this opportunity to help them during our wedding celebration.
- 127 members have lent $33,325 in 1,195 loansThe Worldwide Web Category: Events Team since: May, 2009We loan because: UPDATE #5 - We're well on our way to $30,000. In January 2014, we hit a milestone of 1000 loans. Please join us! (1/18/14)
UPDATE #4 - What a great Lending Team! We surpassed the $20,000 goal in…
- 105 members have lent $29,350 in 1,106 loansLoop, 23 Meyers Place, Melbourne - Monday 22 October 2012 Category: Events Team since: Sep, 2011We loan because: it is Kiva's 7th birthday! Let's celebrate 7 years of small change making a big difference in the world
- 27 members have lent $22,600 in 852 loansSanta Rosa, California, USA Category: Events Team since: Jan, 2009We loan because: We want to make a difference
- 27 members have lent $19,250 in 650 loansCategory: Events Team since: Dec, 2008We loan because: we're celebrating Viji and Lewis' journey together
- 30 members have lent $18,925 in 674 loansWorldwide Category: Events Team since: Feb, 2009We loan because: It's such a fantastic way of doing something good in the world.
- 46 members have lent $17,875 in 265 loansMelbourne, Australia Category: Events Team since: Sep, 2008We loan because: In celebrating LJ's 40th birthday we wish to support a woman to change her life.
- 2 members have lent $14,775 in 572 loansLondon Category: Events Team since: Oct, 2009We loan because: by taking on a debt a borrower develops confidence, motivation, and self respect. Outright gifts/aid fosters a dependent mindset which undermines personal development.