Kiva Lending Team: Kiva High School
Kiva High School is a national network of high school students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters
of Kiva High School to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with
business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva High School is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States Team website
29 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
$300 to goLend Now
Group 2 - Tân Việt 01 received a loan from Rialto High School to pay for the construction of a hygienic toilet and a hand-washing device with soap.$3,325 to goLend Now
Kawempe School received a loan from Bridgman High School to purchase a water filtration system to provide clean drinking water for its students.
Nyantonyo Group received a loan from Bridgman High School to purchase hybrid seeds and fertilizer to grow maize, sorghum and millet.0% repaid
Ali received a loan from Bridgman High School to buy materials to renovate his home’s roof which has been needing repairs for a long time.$775 to goLend Now
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.