Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
33 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
$450 to goLend Now
Joyce's Group received a loan from Rialto High School to install and maintain chlorine dispensers to provide access to safe drinking water for the community.$175 to goLend Now
Ransford received a loan from CURB-SIDE INNOVATORS to buy building materials for the completion of his commercial toilet business.$200 to goLend Now
Balbina received a loan from CURB-SIDE INNOVATORS to install drinking water in her kitchen, bathroom and laundry so her children can live comfortably.$1,675 to goLend Now
Kuljamila received a loan from Patch High School Kiva Chapter to buy six sheep for fattening up and reselling.$325 to goLend Now
Betim received a loan from Patch High School Kiva Chapter to renovate his café and change the style and the ambience.0% repaid
Rubina received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy new tires and do some auto body work on his vehicle.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.