Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
33 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Everlidys received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to invest in shoes, clothing and household items.$275 to goLend Now
$4,475 to goLend Now
$1,200 to goLend Now
27 De Mayo Group received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to purchase tables and chairs in order to sell food to more customers, and open a snack bar. .
Iloa received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy a taxi and more stock. Her taxi will help immensely with her re-payments while she focuses on her retail business.
Sharqiya received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy potato seeds, natural chemicals and fertilizers.
Euphrasie received a loan from Jessica to purchase school supplies, canned drinks, rice, soap, cookies, and candies.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.