Kiva Lending Team: Kiva U Schools
(Note: this team was formerly called "Kiva High School")
Kiva U Schools is an international network of students and their
respective chapters, unified by a belief that poverty can be alleviated and that
microfinance is an effective tool to achieve this end. Students organize chapters to join with like-minded students in their community and
around the country to raise money to battle poverty, not with sympathy, but with business transactions rooted in mutual dignity. Kiva U is guided by
these goals, which we affirm to be our mission:
• To inspire awareness of global issues, especially poverty and hunger;
• To bring together and subsequently organize students interested in fighting
• To encourage interest in microfinance as a tool to combat poverty;
• To raise money to invest in worthy entrepreneurs in developing states,
countering the predatory loaning practices so prevalent among the world's poorest regions;
• To develop in its members a sense of global responsibility;
• To enable others to become more aware of global issues such as poverty
and help them realize the power of microfinance;
• To establish a network of high school chapters around the country in which
this organization will be a central resource;
• To allow high school students to play a direct role in alleviating global
poverty through loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
Location: High Schools Across the United States
32 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
La Fortuna Group received a loan from Rialto High School to buy fertilizer for his coffee farm and to bring about better maintenance.
Arshad received a loan from Rialto High School to buy a new sewing machine along with spools of thread, cloths and buttons in different colors.
$800 to goLend Now
Chính received a loan from Briggs @ Maisie Quinn purchase sand, cement and brick to build a toilet and bathroom.
Laura Cristina received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to purchase a cooler, fittings and decorations, purchase of work tools and purchase of assorted ice cream and shaved ice.
Sutiava Group received a loan from Pres Microfinance Club to buy trousers, skirts, shorts, shirts, undergarments, towels, and children’s clothing.Only 2 days left!$2,875 to go
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.