Kiva Lending Team: Green Oranges Book Club
We loan because...
it's what we do!
This team grew out of the Supporting Younger Borrowers team and is a place for us to meet to talk about books, particularly books that help us better to understand the borrowers and countries to whom we lend.
UP NEXT: The International Bank of Bob by Bob Harris (worldwide)
The following are the books that have already been read by the group – due to the free-spirited natures of the members of this group combined with their unending ability to be sidetracked by other books and side discussions along the way, there has not been set times for reading/discussing books.
(7) The House of the Mosque by Kader Abdolah (Iran)
(6) The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith (Botswana)
(5) Half the Sky by Nicholas Kristoff & Sheryl WuDunn (worldwide)
(4) King Peggy by Peggielene Bartels & Eleanor Herman (Ghana)
(3) The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb (Vietnam)
(2) Banker to the Poor by Muhammad Yunus (Bangladesh)
(1) Green Oranges on Lion Mountain by Emily Joy (Sierra Leone)
Location: All over the world
99+ messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
$1,000 to goLend Now
$950 to goLend Now
Al-Shohra Group received a loan from KatenCo to buy more mobile recharge cards for sale to earn more profit.
Stephen John received a loan from joo to buy more medicines such as pain killers, syrups, and ointments.
Al-Tathwq Group received a loan from KatenCo to continue buying mobile recharge cards and perfumes that will help her to earn more profit from her business.
Binodini received a loan from Patricia to buy a larger variety of grocery items to increase the business.
Yasmeen received a loan from KatenCo to buy raw material including cloth, threads of different colors along with packs of laces and zippers.
Minjuur received a loan from Patricia to buy hardwood floors, vacuum insulated windows and fiberglass.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.