Kiva Lending Team: Candles for Dads
We loan because...
Dads are the best. We make loans to support hard-working dads, in memory of great dads passed.
When our dad passed from a sudden heart attack, we asked friends to light a candle in his memory. We received photos of candles from around the world, which provided comfort. This Kiva lending team is a virtual candle we're lighting in memory of great dads everywhere - their light and love will live on.
HOW TO LOAN WITH OUR KIVA TEAM:
1. Join Kiva, then join our "Candles for Dads" Lending Team.
2. After you've joined our Lending Team, find a dad on Kiva to loan to and make a loan of $25 or more.
3. During checkout, select to have your loan count towards our "Candles for Dads" Kiva Team's collective impact. Thanks!
HOW TO FIND DADS ON KIVA TO LOAN TO:
1. Find a Featured Candles for Dads loan on our Team Activity page, or on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/candlesfordads
2. Search for new dads to support on Kiva by clicking "Lend" in the Kiva main menu, then filter your search by gender and read profiles to find dads to loan to. Share your finds with us on facebook so we chip in as a group (we're still a small group, so plan to feature 1-2 loans a month for now).
HELP SHARE CANDLES FOR DADS:
1. Please connect with us on Facebook & Twitter and invite friends to join us:
Website: candlesfordads.org (forwards to Kiva Team Page)
2. Recruit friends to join our Kiva Lending Team. Kiva has some cool recruiting tools that (sometimes) even give you and friends who join a $25 credit to make loans when they join: www.kiva.org/team/CandlesForDads/recruit
3. Volunteer Research for Dad Loan Suggestions: If you find a great dad on Kiva for us to loan to, share the Kiva profiles on our facebook page so others on our team can chip in to reach the goal. We will feature at least one C4D loan each month.
4. Share a memory of a great dad you are donating in memory of on our facebook and twitter.
In memory of our dad, Shaman Mullick (1947 - 2012), and great dads everywhere. Your love and light live on.
5 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Angela Yaneth received a loan from Sam and Paul to buy fruits, vegetables, rice, beans, and oil, among other products, in order to stock her store.
Sherry Lynn received a loan from Ann to pay for her annual memberships with the two other insurance providers, and to cover her marketing workshop dues in New York.
Ruth's Group received a loan from Kathleen to purchase hybrid seeds and fertilizer to improve harvests of maize.
Ingin Maju Group received a loan from lisa to build bio-digester and use the bio-slurry (biogas residue) as organic fertilizer.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.