Kiva Lending Team: Candles for Dads
We loan because...
Dads are the best. We make loans to support hard-working dads, in memory of great dads passed.
When our dad passed from a sudden heart attack, we asked friends to light a candle in his memory. We received photos of candles from around the world, which provided comfort. This Kiva lending team is a virtual candle we're lighting in memory of great dads everywhere - their light and love will live on.
HOW TO LOAN WITH OUR KIVA TEAM:
1. Join Kiva, then join our "Candles for Dads" Lending Team.
2. After you've joined our Lending Team, find a dad on Kiva to loan to and make a loan of $25 or more.
3. During checkout, select to have your loan count towards our "Candles for Dads" Kiva Team's collective impact. Thanks!
HOW TO FIND DADS ON KIVA TO LOAN TO:
1. Find a Featured Candles for Dads loan on our Team Activity page, or on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/candlesfordads
2. Search for new dads to support on Kiva by clicking "Lend" in the Kiva main menu, then filter your search by gender and read profiles to find dads to loan to. Share your finds with us on facebook so we chip in as a group (we're still a small group, so plan to feature 1-2 loans a month for now).
HELP SHARE CANDLES FOR DADS:
1. Please connect with us on Facebook & Twitter and invite friends to join us:
Website: candlesfordads.org (forwards to Kiva Team Page)
2. Recruit friends to join our Kiva Lending Team. Kiva has some cool recruiting tools that (sometimes) even give you and friends who join a $25 credit to make loans when they join: www.kiva.org/team/CandlesForDads/recruit
3. Volunteer Research for Dad Loan Suggestions: If you find a great dad on Kiva for us to loan to, share the Kiva profiles on our facebook page so others on our team can chip in to reach the goal. We will feature at least one C4D loan each month.
4. Share a memory of a great dad you are donating in memory of on our facebook and twitter.
In memory of our dad, Shaman Mullick (1947 - 2012), and great dads everywhere. Your love and light live on.
4 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Melecio received a loan from 4 team members to repair his barn, buy seeds and start farm cultivation.
Luis Carlos received a loan from 2 team members to purchase livestock.
Luis received a loan from Debra-Ellen to finance marketing costs, website development and hiring costs for a new assistant.
Juvita received a loan from Ann to buy Fanta, Coca Cola, Sprite, Sagiko, noodles, cigarettes, sugar, salt, milk, fish, coffee and slippers.
Jibanajyoti Mahila Shg Group received a loan from Ann to pay for fertilizers, seeds and tools for farming.
Luis Alonso received a loan from Nirvan to buy seats, tables and other products to make the business bigger.
Xhevat received a loan from Nirvan to buy watermelon and corn seeds, and to prepare the agricultural land for planting.
Kukuli Group received a loan from Terry to buy gold leaf frames, plain wood frames, canvas stretchers, and oil paint.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.