Kiva Lending Team: Candles for Dads
We loan because...
Dads are the best. We make loans to support hard-working dads, in memory of great dads passed.
When our dad passed from a sudden heart attack, we asked friends to light a candle in his memory. We received photos of candles from around the world, which provided comfort. This Kiva lending team is a virtual candle we're lighting in memory of great dads everywhere - their light and love will live on.
HOW TO LOAN WITH OUR KIVA TEAM:
1. Join Kiva, then join our "Candles for Dads" Lending Team.
2. After you've joined our Lending Team, find a dad on Kiva to loan to and make a loan of $25 or more.
3. During checkout, select to have your loan count towards our "Candles for Dads" Kiva Team's collective impact. Thanks!
HOW TO FIND DADS ON KIVA TO LOAN TO:
1. Find a Featured Candles for Dads loan on our Team Activity page, or on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/candlesfordads
2. Search for new dads to support on Kiva by clicking "Lend" in the Kiva main menu, then filter your search by gender and read profiles to find dads to loan to. Share your finds with us on facebook so we chip in as a group (we're still a small group, so plan to feature 1-2 loans a month for now).
HELP SHARE CANDLES FOR DADS:
1. Please connect with us on Facebook & Twitter and invite friends to join us:
Website: candlesfordads.org (forwards to Kiva Team Page)
2. Recruit friends to join our Kiva Lending Team. Kiva has some cool recruiting tools that (sometimes) even give you and friends who join a $25 credit to make loans when they join: www.kiva.org/team/CandlesForDads/recruit
3. Volunteer Research for Dad Loan Suggestions: If you find a great dad on Kiva for us to loan to, share the Kiva profiles on our facebook page so others on our team can chip in to reach the goal. We will feature at least one C4D loan each month.
4. Share a memory of a great dad you are donating in memory of on our facebook and twitter.
In memory of our dad, Shaman Mullick (1947 - 2012), and great dads everywhere. Your love and light live on.
1 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Ahmad received a loan from Nirvan to buy a new rickshaw to start transferring goods in the local market.
Otgonbayar received a loan from Nirvan to purchase spare parts and repair his vehicle to start his business and also purchase some silk and other materials to his wife's business.
Anonymous received a loan from 2 team members to buy fish wholesale.
Jamil received a loan from 2 team members to buy sheep.
Moudad received a loan from Nirvan to buy necessary car mechanic tools, especially a new released lift that will make his work faster and easier.
Anahit received a loan from Sandra to buy a computer to stay aware of innovations in teaching technologies and also to buy some professional literature.
Cúc received a loan from Terry to purchase water pipeline and electricity line for a bathroom, a toilet, a wash basin, septic toilet seat, a mirror, a door and material to build the toilet.
Al Nahda Group received a loan from Sandra to increase her business merchandise with special embroidery, newly released and needed to expand her production and attract new customers.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.