- A loan of $8,000 helps Roberto: Ladybug Landscape LLC equip my truck with a trailer and shelves t...
- A loan of $1,000 helps Keenya: Keenya Kelly LLC/Return of the Curls purchase radio air time to pr...
- A loan of $5,000 helps Namon: The Jones Agency, LLC continue growing my business with additional ...
When you lend in Richmond
- Invest in small businesses, which create 2 out of every 3 new jobs.
- Jumpstart the local economy and strengthen the local community.
- Support entrepreneurs with advice and your custom, as well as $5.
Small business owners and budding entrepreneurs are struggling to access the loans they need to start up and grow. They’re denied loans from conventional lenders for any number of reasons: the amount they need is too small, their business is too young, their plan is too innovative, or their credit history is too short or damaged.
What they do have is the passion, plan and people in their community that know and trust them. And now they have you.
When small businesses do well, we all do well.
- Choose a borrower
you want to lend $25 or more to. Overall, borrowers on Kiva have a 98% repayment rate.
- Follow your loan.
You'll get updates about the progress of your loan, including repayments.
- Do it all again!
Any repayments are yours to keep, but we hope you'll support another person.
Richmond joins D.C., Newark, Little Rock, Detroit, New Orleans and Los Angeles as part of the broader Kiva City program helping small business owners get the financing they need to grow and create jobs. Kiva Cities are partnerships of local community groups, microfinance organizations and Kiva Zip Trustees working together to connect Kiva lenders to entrepreneurs that they know and trust in their communities.
Capital One Financial Corporation is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 1,000 branch locations. Its subsidiaries offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. The company recognizes that helping to build strong and healthy communities — good places to work, good places to do business and good places to raise families — benefits us all. Capital One is proud to support Kiva and other community initiatives.
Our Trustees are TA providers, community organizations, and individuals committed to supporting social good and job growth through entrepreneurship, by enabling small business owners to access interest-free crowdfunded loans on Kiva Zip. In Richmond trustees include:
- Abaca Business Plans
- Bizworks Enterprise Center
- Blueberry Marketing
- Club de Comerciantes de Virginia
- Community Investment Collaborative
- Empowered Women International
- Richmond Craft Mafia
- Richmond EDA
- Richmond Entrepreneur's Assistance Program
- Second Look Capital
- The Center For Women's Enterprise
- The Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Twist Style
- United Virginia
- Vermeer Consulting Group