Group 01 lives in 2nd Street, Dong Son province, Thanh Hoa city, which is about 156 km south of Hanoi. Mrs. Hoang Thi Khuyen is the leader of Group 01 with five other members. She is 29 years old, and her husband's name is Hieu. They live with their parents. Her dad was very sick and just passed away. Her family is in such financial hardship. Mrs. Khuyen and Mr. Hieu have a son who is three years old. She wants to borrow 3,079,800 VND( approx. 177 USD) to sell fish sauce. Other members in her group also request the same amount of loan.
- Mrs. Nguyen Thi Thanh, 64 years old, and Mrs. Vu Thi Toan, 47 years old, want to borrow money to sell fish sauce.
- Mrs. Nguyen Thi Hang, 61 years old, borrows money for her transportation business.
- Mrs. Nguyen Thi Hoe, 47 years old, wants to open a motorbike and bicycle repair shop.
- Mrs. Nguyen Thi Minh, 41 years old, wants to invest in her rice vermicelli shop.
Nhóm 01 thuộc phố 2 phường Đông Sơn- Thành phố Thanh Hoá cách Hà Nội 156 km về phía Nam. Nhóm gồm 6 thành viên do chị H. Thị Khuyên làm nhóm trưởng, năm nay chị 29 tuổi,chồng chị là anh Hiếu. Gia đình chị có bố mẹ già,bố chị bị ốm liệt giường vừa mới mất, tình hình kinh tế gia đình chị hiện nay rất khó khăn, anh chị có 1 con trai 3 tuổi. Chị vay mức vốn 3.079.800 VND(~177 USD) để buôn bán nước mắm, trang trải cuộc sống hàng ngày. Các thành viên trong nhóm đều có cùng mức vay.
* Chị N. Thị Thanh, 64 tuổi, chị vay vốn mua nước mắm về bán.
Chị Vũ Thị Toan, 47 tuổi, chị vay vốn mua nước mắm về bán.
* Bác N. Thị Hằng, 61 tuổi, đầu tư vào ngành vận tải.
* CHị N. Thị Hoe, 47 tuổi, vay vốn đầu tư vào mở hàng sửa chữa xe đạp và xe máy.
* Chị N. Thị Minh , 41 tuổi, vay vốn đầu tư vào hàng bún chả, giò chả.
About Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability (Thanh Hoa MFI)
Thanh Hoa MFI works to provide credit to women and their families in the central Vietnamese province of Thanh Hoa, one of the poorest regions of the country. The institution's target clients are poor and low-income women who have the ability to work but lack the capital. Accordingly, Thanh Hoa MFI prioritizes single mothers, low-income women with children who have dropped out of primary school, and Viet Nam’s poorest women who cannot access any formal financial services.
This is a Group Loan
In a group loan, each member of the group receives an individual loan but is part of a larger group of individuals. The group is there to provide support to the members and to provide a system of peer pressure, but groups may or may not be formally bound by a group guarantee. In cases where there is a group guarantee, members of the group are responsible for paying back the loans of their fellow group members in the case of delinquency or default.
Kiva's Field Partners typically feature one borrower from a group. The loan description, sector, and other attributes for a group loan profile are determined by the featured borrower's loan. The other members of the group are not required to use their loans for the same purpose.