Check out some available loans that are similar to this one!
Maria

Update on Maria

Maria is a seamstress who has been supported by Kiva loans. She has invested in fabric and decorative accessories, with which she has sewn products that her clients requested, leaving them very satisfied. With this support, her business has grown and her children have achieved professional education.

Currently, she is applying for a loan, which she will use by spending 80% of the loan on fabric and the remaining 20% on accessories. The season for rolling out new marketing plans is approaching, and sales usually increase, which will make her loan successful.

She would like to send a message to Kiva lenders: "Many blessings and please continue supporting Colombian business owners."
View original language description ↓
Maria es una confeccionista que ha sido apoyada por Kiva en créditos, que invirtió en telas y accesorios decorativos, con los que confeccionó productos que su clientela solicitó, dejándola así muy satisfecha. Con este apoyo su negocio ha logrado crecer y sus hijos también han alcanzado logros de educación profesional. En la actualidad está aplicando a un credikiva, mediante el cual comparará un 80% en telas y el un 20 % restantes en accesorios, pues se acercan épocas de gran despliegue mercadológico y usualmente las ventas se incrementan para hacer de su credikiva una inversión de éxito. Ella expresa a sus financiadores de Kiva “ Muchas bendiciones y que sigan ayudando al empresario colombiano”

Previous Loan Details

María bought accessories like fabric in larger amounts, zippers, lace, decorations and thread and she feels very satisfied with them. She’s also excited because she increased her sales potential and got discounts for cash purchases. She’s currently getting her creativity ready to receive end-of... More from Maria's previous loan »

Additional Information

About Fundación Mario Santo Domingo

Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD) is a non-profit organization in northern Colombia dedicated to developing programs for the country’s poorest communities. In addition to numerous social services, FMSD runs a microfinance program to strengthen micro-businesses in the areas where it works. The organization also offers several non-financial components as part of this program, including training to help entrepreneurs start their own businesses.

Concurrent and Successive Loans

Our Field Partners often work with borrowers over a series of loans as the borrowers build credit, take out bigger loans, and expand their businesses. In order to make it easier for our Field Partners to post loans for borrowers who have been listed on Kiva before, we allow them to post successive and concurrent loans for their Kiva borrowers. This means that our Field Partners are able to post a borrower's second, third, etc., loan on Kiva without having to re-enter all of the borrower's information.

This borrower has been listed on Kiva before, so you'll see an updated loan description, as well as excerpts of the original descriptions from earlier loans. Most borrowers take out loans consecutively, meaning that they receive a second loan after having repaid the first. However, sometimes our Field Partners give out concurrent loans, allowing borrowers to take out one primary loan and a secondary "add-on" loan along with it. These "add-on" loans are typically smaller than the borrower's primary loan and serve a different purpose. Because Field Partners can now post loans as successive and concurrent loans, you will be able to track borrower progress over time and see the various ways a borrower is working with our Field Partners through funds from Kiva’s lenders.

Tags

About Colombia

  • $11,100
    Average annual income
  • 561
    View loans »
    Colombia Loans Fundraising
  • $14,903,600
    Funds lent in using Kiva
  • 1,917.5
    Colombia Pesos (COP) = $1 USD
Paying Back - Currency Exchange Loss

This loan has been fully funded!

A loan of $1,575 helped Maria to spend 80% of the loan on fabric and the remaining 20% on accessories.
68% repaid
Repayment Term
26 months (Additional Information)
Repayment Schedule
Monthly
Pre-Disbursed:
Nov 18, 2013
Listed
Nov 25, 2013
Currency Exchange Loss:
Possible