Check out some available loans that are similar to this one!
Abdul
Abdul K. is thankful to Kiva for his previous loan. He increased his stock and built his capital. Before the loan, Abdul owned only 60% of the stock while the other 40% of the goods was taken on credit. Now he owns 80% of the business capital, and he is working hard to be 100% owner of the capital. He has a high hope that Kiva will assist him to build his business and is requesting a loan of Le.2,000,000.

Additional Information

About Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)

Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT) is Kiva’s oldest field partner in Sierra Leone. SMT began operations in 2002 as a microcredit program of the NGO Child Fund Sierra Leone under a USAID program to assist the reintegration of ex combatants back into their communities. Today, SMT offers group, agricultural, individual and salary loans to micro-entrepreneurs through six branches and one sub-branch in rural, urban, and peri-urban areas. By providing small loans and other financial services, SMT empowers poor clients to generate more income to help their families, improve their wellbeing, and create a more vibrant private small-business sector in Sierra Leone.

About Sierra Leone

  • $903
    Average annual income
  • 0
    View loans »
    Sierra Leone Loans Fundraising
  • $8,868,550
    Funds lent in using Kiva
  • 2,895.0
    Sierra Leone Leones (SLL) = $1 USD