Check out some available loans that are similar to this one!
Onaira
Onaira lives with her husband and their 2 children aged 1 and 9. She has been running a pharmacy for six years, and she sells medicines without prescription. She started with a few products, but she has gradually grown thanks to the loans she has received and by investing in her activity the profits she has made, being the very disciplined woman she is. She sells different medicines and she keeps her pharmacy well supplied; 45% of her sales are paid cash, the remaining 55% on credit. Her customers are inhabitants of the same neighborhood where the pharmacy is located and of the areas around it. Onaira has received 5 loans from Fundación Mario Santo Domingo, an institution she has been bound to for 5 years, and thanks to which she has succeeded in expanding her pharmacy by renting a place and she has placed there various cabinets and shelves. She is currently requesting a sixth loan, through Kiva, that she will use to buy medicaments and another cabinet. The success of this investment will mean she will have the change to increase her cash sales, and this in turn will help her offering more competitive prices. Her future goal is to buy her house, and she continues working in order to achieve her goal.
View original language description ↓
Onaira vive con su cónyuge y sus 2 hijos en las edades de 1 y 9 años de edad. Ella tiene una farmacia en la que vende medicinas sin restricción médica, desde hace 6 años. Ella empezó con pocos productos, pero gradualmente fue creciendo con los financiamientos recibidos y reinvirtiendo en él, las utilidades que este le producía, porque es una mujer muy disciplinada. Ella vende diversas medicinas y tiene su local bien surtido, pues sus compras son 45% de contado y 55% a crédito. Sus clientes son vecinos del mismo barrio donde está ubicada y de los alrededores de él. Onaira ha recibido 5 financiamientos de la Fundación Mario Santo Domingo, organización a la que está vinculada desde hace 5 años, y con la que logró ampliar su negocio en infraestructura locativa y ha vinculado varias vitrinas y estanterías. En la actualidad está aplicando a un sexto financiamiento y es justamente un credikiva, con el cual comprará medicamentos y una vitrina más. El éxito de esta inversión radica en que tendrá la oportunidad de incrementar sus compras de contado y esto la ayudará con la aplicación de precios más competitivos. Su meta mas adelante es adquirir su vivienda y por eso trabaja continuamente para poder lograrlo.

Additional Information

About Fundación Mario Santo Domingo

Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD) is a non-profit organization in northern Colombia dedicated to developing programs for the country’s poorest communities. In addition to numerous social services, FMSD runs a microfinance program to strengthen micro-businesses in the areas where it works. The organization also offers several non-financial components as part of this program, including training to help entrepreneurs start their own businesses.

About Colombia

  • $6,070
    Average annual income
  • 232
    View loans »
    Colombia Loans Fundraising
  • $12,881,350
    Funds lent in using Kiva
  • 1,766.0
    Colombia Pesos (COP) = $1 USD

Success!! The loan was 100% repaid

A loan of $650 helped Onaira to buy medicines and a cabinet.
100% repaid
Repayment Term
14 months (Additional Information)
Repayment Schedule
Monthly
Pre-Disbursed:
Mar 6, 2012
Listed
Mar 21, 2012
Currency Exchange Loss:
Covered
Ended:
Apr 18, 2013