Check out some available loans that are similar to this one!
Khudoiberdi
Khudoiberdi has worked in agriculture for eight years, during which time he has gained much experience and a love for the land. He began cultivating his land through his own efforts and has gradually gotten ahead in life. Khudoiberdi lives in the town of Istaravshan with his wife and three children. His wife is a vendor and helps support the family.

Khudoiberdi would like to use this loan to buy supplies needed for the harvest and for improving production. With these, he can increase the quality of his yield along with his earnings at the time of harvest and sale.

More about Tajikistan:

Tajikistan is known for its rich history. It was a key post along the Silk Road and served as the location for the end of the rule of Alexander the Great. It has also produced great thinkers, philosophers, scientists, and poets, including Rudaki, Avicenna, Ferdowsi, Omar Khayyam, Jomi, and Rumi. The country is home to epic mountain passes, communities that still speak the ancient Sogdian language, and a civilization that dates back to the fourth millennium BC. Even today, it is a complex mixture of the Islamic faith, Soviet culture, New West culture, and Central Asian traditions.

But Tajikistan is also the poorest of the former Soviet republics. The civil war, which ignited soon after its independence from the U.S.S.R., further damaged the already weak economy. In addition, 93 percent of the country is mountainous, leaving only 7 percent arable land. These conditions have resulted in high levels of unemployment and have forced hundreds of thousands to seek work in other countries, mainly Russia. While the people of Tajikistan are working to improve its agricultural production and manufacturing sector, nearly two-thirds of the population still lives in abject poverty.

More about IMON International:

Since December 2007, IMON International has worked closely with Kiva and Kiva lenders to ensure that poor and low-income clients represent a viable business proposition. Funds raised through Kiva have already been distributed to thousands of IMON International's clients and will continue to provide thousands more with permanent access to the varied financial services they need. To learn more about IMON International's work, please visit www.imon.tj.

Additional Information

About IMON International

IMON International (IMON) is a micro-deposit organization in Tajikistan that provides entrepreneurs with access to high quality financial products and services, including business loans, agriculture loans, consumer loans and micro-leases. Aiming to alleviate poverty, the organization helps unbanked individuals establish businesses in different sectors, including manufacturing, agriculture and service. Kiva lenders’ funds will help the organization to expand its outreach to even more entrepreneurs, farmers and traders in Tajikistan.

About Tajikistan

  • $2,700
    Average annual income
  • 218
    View loans »
    Tajikistan Loans Fundraising
  • $29,714,525
    Funds lent in using Kiva
  • 4.6
    Tajikistan Somoni (TJS) = $1 USD

Success!! The loan was 100% repaid

A loan of $1,550 helped Khudoiberdi to purchase seeds and fertilizer.
100% repaid
Repayment Term
14 months (Additional Information)
Repayment Schedule
Irregularly
Pre-Disbursed:
Jun 2, 2011
Listed
Jun 4, 2011
Currency Exchange Loss:
Covered
Ended:
Jun 15, 2012