H. is married and has 2 school-aged children. To making a living, H. owns & operates a business venture in the agriculture sector raising livestock. While not the only means for generating revenue, the main source of income for the business comes primarily from raising cattle for sale. H. has been engaged in this business for over 8 years and earns approximately 4.000.000 VND a month from these activities.
In 2009, H. joined SEDA to gain access to financial services to help improve her living situation and ability to engage in business activities. H. has successfully repaid a previous loan of 5.152.000 VND from SEDA. This previous loan was used to purchase baby livestock to raise & sell in future. She is now requesting a new loan of 5.152.000 VND which will be used to purchase livestock feed & other supplies. The loan will be the 2nd loan taken out by the borrower from SEDA. H. plans to use the additional revenue generated from the business to improve/expand her business.
About the Other Borrowers in the Group:
1. Trương Thị M. (0) is a 22 year-old female who is requesting a 7.840.000 VND loan to support her business in the retail sector operating a clothing business.
2. Trương Thị L. (0) is a 20 year-old female who is requesting a 5.152.000 VND loan to support her business in the agriculture sector raising livestock.
3. Trương Thị N. (0) is a 38 year-old female who is requesting a 5.152.000 VND loan to support her business in the agriculture sector raising livestock.
4. Trương Thị M. (0) is a 45 year-old female who is requesting a 5.152.000 VND loan to support her business in the agriculture sector raising livestock.
5. Nguyễn Thị M. (0) is a 39 year-old female who is requesting a 5.152.000 VND loan to support her business in the retail sector selling home products.
6. Trương Thị T. (0) is a 33 year-old female who is requesting a 5.152.000 VND loan to support her business in the services sector operating a service-based business.
The mission of SEDA (Center of Small Enterprise Development Assistance) is to provide microfinance services to the low income and disadvantaged people in rural areas of Hanoi and the Northern provinces of Vietnam.
*Note: To maximize efficiency and reduce costs, this loan was posted using a template to automate the translation by Kiva. Given that manual translation of entrepreneur profiles is costly, Kiva created this template for our Field Partner to allow them to continue to post loans in Vietnamese while providing quality and accurate information to Kiva lenders.
About SEDA:The Center of Small Enterprise Development Assistance (SEDA) is a non-profit organization whose vision is to create “a society without poverty.” Founded in 2004, SEDA provides microfinance services to low-income and disadvantaged people in rural areas of Hanoi and the northern provinces of Vietnam through its Binh Minh Micro-Finance Program.
You can also join SEDA’s lending team to assist SEDA in continuing to support its portfolio of borrowers.
This is a Group Loan
In a group loan, each member of the group receives an individual loan but is part of a larger group of individuals. The group is there to provide support to the members and to provide a system of peer pressure, but groups may or may not be formally bound by a group guarantee. In cases where there is a group guarantee, members of the group are responsible for paying back the loans of their fellow group members in the case of delinquency or default.
Kiva's Field Partners typically feature one borrower from a group. The loan description, sector, and other attributes for a group loan profile are determined by the featured borrower's loan. The other members of the group are not required to use their loans for the same purpose.
155View loans »
Success!! The loan was 100% repaid