Join Axel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesGene is 31 years old, married with two children. Gene works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 22000 loan th...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ServicesPakistanAbida is a 45-year-old married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of eight children.
Her son provides whitewashing and oil paint s...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaNuhu is a maize farmer from Bazana II village. As a Babban Gona member, Nuhu is excited to have access to a trained agronomist and superior inputs that will give him the ch...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Home AppliancesTajikistanGulru is a 37 year old teacher in Vahdat. She is married with three children, aged 9, 5 and 2. Her husband raises cattle. Gulru was born and raised in a family of workers. ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- FarmingPhilippinesWelly is married and had six children lives in Calamba, Misamis Occidentalwith his family. He is operating his own farm to make a living. To improve his farm, he took a new...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Axel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,749 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.