Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesDonna Fete operates a motor transport business. Her regular customers are her neighbors and the local community. She earns a minimum of 700 Philippine Pesos (PHP) in sales ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Cosmetics SalesPakistanYasir is 35 years old and lives in the area of Wazirabad, Pakistan. He is a responsible father of three children. He has been running a small shop in which he sells cosmeti...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesJocelyn is 48 years old and married with one child; she works very hard to provide for them.
Jocelyn runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesGilda is a businesswoman from Tudela, Misamis Occidental. She runs and operates a convenience store that primarily sells consumable goods that are basic to a household. She...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Higher education costsArmeniaNarine, 54, lives in Vanadzor, a city in the Lori region. Narine has studied pedagogy, and she is a specialist in Armenian Language and Literature. Narine likes her work an...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,790 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.