Join Lucy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesLebanonHilda is a 24-year-old married lady. She has been working as a nurse for three years ever since directly after graduating. She is a hard working, caring nurse well known in...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- LivestockKyrgyzstanSamarakan is 53 years old, married, and has eight children. Currently, Samarakan's main source of income for her family is breeding livestock, having begun in 1983 from pur...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaMaria, like many women of her community, strives every day to obtain income and proper in life. She says that thanks to the loan she was able to buy medicine for her mother...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Oanh is 35 years old and she is married. She has been working in agriculture raising poultry for more than 10 years.Oanh lives in Quang Xuong district, a rural town in...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- PigsPhilippinesKatherine is 31 years old and has one child. Katherine is married and has one child still in school.
Katherine is in the agricultural business of raising pigs in...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Lucy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,664 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.