Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesEl SalvadorThe young woman's face is pixelated because she is 28 years old and lives in a high risk area. She has sold fruit and vegetables for 12 years. With her profits, she is able...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Food Production/SalesColombiaLuz Adriana is a 39-year-old woman who is responsible and hardworking and has dreams and aspirations. She is asking for your support to start her business selling fast food...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StorePhilippinesEva signed up for her membership with PMPC and obtained the needed capital to start up a sari-sari store business. She is thankful for the capital that was extended to a sm...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaCecilia is a great woman. With a lot of sacrifice she has helped her family to move forward.
Cecilia is one of the many people who has benefitted from loans. Tha...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingPhilippinesCristita is married and has two grown children. She resides in Getafe, Bohol. She has been a farmer for a long time. She owns rice paddies and sells her rice to locals. She...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,633 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.