Join Kristina's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePeruJosé Inelso, 26, lives in his rustic home with his parents and brother in Pimpingos, Cutervo. This area falls under the Cajamarca office in Peru. He is well-regarded, both ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaHabila is a maize farmer and Babban Gona member. Anticipating a good harvest this season, he has the opportunity to attain yields of up to eight metric tonnes of maize per ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaAlhaji. M is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Alhaji. M is excited that Babban Gona offers a lasting solution to ending the cycle of poverty, renewing his dreams of gaining wea...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Home Products SalesLebanonNoura is a 49-year-old married mother of four. Almost a year ago, she started selling home products to help her husband cover the needs and expenses of their children. She ...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaAbdulrazak is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Thanks to Babban Gona’s support, Abdulrazak is thankful that days of poor yields are long gone. As a Babban Gona member, he has th...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Kristina, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,347 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.