Join Jenn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesCarmel is 41 years old and married. She has one child. She earns a living by raising pigs in the Philippines.
Carmel is borrowing PHP 50,000 through NWTF. She wi...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Fish SellingPhilippinesJoan is 51 years old residing at Cartagena Proper, Plaridel, Mis.Occ. She is married and blessed with adult age children. She joined PMPC on 2013 in order to access the pro...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndiaSaraswati, 36, lives in her own humble home made of daub and wattle in a small village in Bolangir district. She has lived there for a number of years with her husband and ...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJohn is a 27-year-old married man who supports four members of the family by operating a motorcycle services business for years. His monthly income is 27,000 KSH an...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- FarmingPeruCesar is 37 years old. He lives with his partner and children in his own home, which is built from rustic materials. His home is in the Pomahuaca district, located in the...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Jenn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,857 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.