Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesElizabeth is 33 years old, married and has five children. Four of her children are enrolled in school. Elizabeth is in the agricultural business, raising pigs in the Phi...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesPalestineBorhan is a 28-year-old, single man from Nablus City,west bank, which is an ancient and beautiful city . He lives with his family in a small, old house he is the only bread...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- FarmingAzerbaijanPakize is 47 years old and the mother of 5 children: 3 sons and 2 daughters. Two of them attend elementary school but they are very eager to help Pakize with her work. She ...Read their story >Funding via Aqroinvest Credit Union
- PoultryEl SalvadorSantos, 38, works in the countryside, in agriculture. On the weekends, he sells chicken meat by the pound. He grew up together with his parents, who were simple and hardwor...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StorePhilippinesDaisy is 29 years old, married, and has children who attend school. She operates a sari-sari (convenience store) store business. Daisy's passion is selling and she never ge...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,246 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.