Join Simon's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- BricksParaguayCarmelo is single, he works in the smell industry, and he lives with his mother, he sustains his family through his work. He started with this activity more than sixteen ye...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Higher education costsJordanIssa is 25 years old and single. He lives in Al Irbid with his parents and four siblings. His father is retired with a low retirement salary and his mother does not work. ...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- General StorePhilippinesTwo years ago, Alicia, a 58-year-old woman who lives in the city of Baybay, Leyte, successfully started her own business. She runs a sari-sari (variety) store business whil...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Home Products SalesColombiaMargarita (33 years old) is a single mother and the head of a family of four children, who are 11, 8, 7 and 3 years old. All of them are dependent on her, and she does not ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesRoy is a driver of a tricycle (a motorcycle with a covered sidecar that seats anywhere from one passenger to as many as the driver will allow). He is a 36-year-old man from...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like Simon, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,596 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.