Join Vidar & Norunn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingVietnamCầu is 55 years old and is married with five children. She has been fishing for more than 10 years. Cầu lives in Hoang Hoa District, Vietnam, a rural town in Thanh Hoa Prov...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- CattleColombiaLuis is just 24 years old and lives in the municipality of Don Matias. He lives with his girlfriend and mother of his little son (in photo) who is only two years of age and...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Home EnergyKenyaMilicent told us, "I have always wanted to own a biogas system but didn't have enough information about cost options and reliability. However, I learned about Takamoto biog...Read their story >Funding via Takamoto Biogas
- Fuel/FirewoodPhilippinesCorazon is 56 years ol and married with five children, one in school. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
Corazon has a firewood retail business in the Ph...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- TailoringTajikistanThis is Firuza, a 32-year-old master seamstress. She simply adores sewing and cutting out patterns. For 4 years, Firuza has been following in her mother's footsteps. Firuza...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
Kiva lenders, like Vidar & Norunn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,227 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.