Join Vidar & Norunn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaMariam is a single woman. She has one child. She describes herself to be focused. She operates a retail business where she sells fruits and vegetables. She has been involve...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Animal SalesTajikistanNigina is a hardworking and cheerful woman. She is 39 years old, married, and has four children. She has a specialized secondary education and works as a nurse in the vil...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- AgricultureArmeniaArtashes is 40 years old farmer living in Darakert village of Ararat region. He lives with his elderly retired parents, wife and daughter. Besides his farming business, A...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- FarmingAzerbaijanKamil was born in 1983. He is a refugee. He is living in Bilasuvar refugee settlement. Kamil lives with his family in a village and he has one son and two daughters. He has...Read their story >Funding via Aqroinvest Credit Union
- Spare PartsColombiaJhon, 23, lives in the town of Puerto Berrio. He decided to go into business in order to achieve financial independence as well as personal and professional growth. He want...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Vidar & Norunn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,369 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.