Join Karsten's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaNary, 32, is living in a rural village of Battambang province. She is a mother of four children, two of whom are in school, while the others are underage for school.
...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- General StorePhilippinesTrinidad has started her small time business and became a boss with her sari-sari store. She has manage to have enough inventories and rolls up her capital to gain more pro...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- CattleColombia41-year-old Martha is a versatile woman. She lives in Chía, a town in Cundinamarca department which is known for its main business activities, which include agriculture and...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Clothing SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Zeferine is a merchant and the treasurer of the loan group “La main dans la main”. A client of the microfinance institution Hekima, she is 45 years old and the married moth...Read their story >Funding via Hekima, a partner of World Relief
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesMary Jane hopes to live comfortably in a fully-furnished home that she started to construct from the profits of her hog-raising business. She is from Cantaroc, Maria, Siqui...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Karsten, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,817 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.