Join Philip's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPhilippinesMarites works hard to support her family. Marites is married and has a raising goats business in the Philippines.
Marites requested a PHP 10,000 loan through NWT...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesSierra LeoneThis is 32-year-old Isata. She is married and has one child, aged 4. She has one additional dependent who lives with her because she helps bring him up together with her ch...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaSaidi is a married man. He has three children. He operates a retail business where he sells fruits and vegetables. He has been involved in this business for five years. His...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PropertyKenyaRiziki is a married woman. She has five children. She describes herself as determined. She owns rental houses. She has been involved in this business for 17 years. Her busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- General StorePhilippinesRubelie is 25 years old and single with one child. With one child still in school, Rubelie works very hard to provide for them.
Rubelie runs a general store in t...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Philip, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,801 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.