Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorLucia owns a store that she opened about three years ago with her mother's help, where she sells various products for the home. She works from Monday to Sunday. She is a si...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- JewelryMexicoJazmin is a 42 year old happily married woman who has two daughters, but neither she or her husband provide for them, since both are now married and live with their new fa...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
- LaundryParaguayThe group is called Kuña Guapa and is from the city of San Ignacio. They are very self-sacrificing and united women who want to improve their living conditions through the...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Fruits & VegetablesIndiaThis group is located in a village named Jayaramguda, Rayagada district of Odisha, India. Bishnuprabha is one of the members of this group. She is standing in the middle o...Read their story >Funding via Mahashakti Foundation
- CafeLebanonNimer is a 48-year-old married father of eight children and a Palestinian refugee who lives in a Palestinian refugee camp. He established a coffee shop in July 2013 to cove...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,851 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.