Join Paul's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaRoeub is a 44-year-old mother of two children, one of whom is in school. She lives in a rural area of Battambang province. In order to support her family, she has been grow...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaJoshua is a maize farmer and Babban Gona member. Anticipating a good harvest this season, Joshua has the opportunity to attain yields of up to 8 metric tonnes of maize per ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- RickshawPakistanShahnaz is a 41-year-old married woman. She lives with her husband and six children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Shahnaz's husband has been driving an auto rickshaw in ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingArmeniaThis nice woman is 46 years old and her name is Irina. She lives with her two sons in the village of Tsovagyugh in the Gegharkunik region. Her husband now is in the Russian...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- RickshawPalestineTarik is a young man living in Khan Younis Gaza strip who works in the public sector, where the salary is very low and unstable. As a result of the high cost of living, he ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,009 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.