Join Janie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesPakistanHajran is 42-years old lady and mother of six children; she is very poor and needy woman. Her husband provides sheltering services to earn money to feed her entire family. ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food Production/SalesUgandaAlikanjelu is a hardworking man with five children, living in Kyenjojo, Uganda. His business is buying and selling, products, mainly maize, beans and coffee.
Wi...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Personal Housing ExpensesLebanonHanan is the featured borrower for El Gharam Group. She joined with her other group members to take this Al Majmoua loan because they have always been neighbors and friends...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- FarmingCambodiaA resident living in Battambang province, Reth is a 54-year-old mother of six dependent children and two of whom are in school. Reth has been working very hard on her cassa...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaria is 52 years old. She lives in her own house with her brother and her sister-in-law. For the past 26 years, she has made a living preparing and selling tortillas. Her ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Janie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,678 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.