Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPakistanFinancial constraints, the desire for a better life, and a quality education for her 6 children are only a few but valuable factors that encouraged Nasreen to start her bus...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Used ClothingBoliviaVera is a 29 year old woman, she lives with her partner, has 1 three year old son and her business is the sale of second-hand clothing. She is entrepreneurial, dynamic and ...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaria, age 35, lives in her own hown with her wife. She lives under very humble conditions and work very hard to makes a living every day and to maintain the household econ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- AgricultureMexicoMitzy is a hard-working mother of two daughters, ages 10 and 7 months, who depend on her financially. She pursued a degree in international business. She is 35 years old, a...Read their story >Funding via Konfío
- Clothing SalesGhanaIn the province of Teshie in the Greater Accra region of Ghana is the Yehowa Akwe group, which is composed of three members--one male and two females.
Susuana is...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,783 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.