Join Jonathan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesPakistanRasoola is a 41-year-old, married woman, living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is the mother of three children. One child is too young and is fully dependent upon it...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesRebecca is 59 years old and widowed with four children.
Rebecca works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FoodPhilippinesCherry works hard to support her family. She is widowed and has a business selling dried coconut meat in the Philippines.
Cherry requested a PHP 12,000 loan thro...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorThe young woman who has had her face pixelated because of being 23 years old and living in a high-risk area, makes a living from selling snacks (small fried pies made of me...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Food StallKenyaJuliana is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself as determined.
Juliana operates a food stall where she cooks food to sell. She has been...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,757 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.