Join Volkan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanFoziljon is a hardworking young man with a positive attitude towards life. He is 30, married, and the father of two children. He contacted Kiva's partner, MDO Arvand, as ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Arvand, LLC
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaThe person raising her hand is Lucia. She is a 63-year-old lady, married and blessed with two children. She is a member of Utethio Wa Aka group, which joined Hand in Hand E...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- TaxiPakistanNosheen is responsible mother of 2 children, who lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been providing transport facilities by driving a taxi for 3 years. Her husba...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- RetailGuatemalaDúo Antonieta de Vista Hermosa. Maria Atonieta, who is 51 years old, is in charge of this group. She lives with her two children, who support her with everything, and she r...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- General StoreEl Salvador53-year-old José owns a house where he lives with his wife, his daughter, his niece, and his mother-in-law. He has had a small store for nine years, located at home. His cu...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Volkan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,995 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.