Join Julie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorMarta, 27, studied until fourth grade. She is married, her partner works in agriculture and they are parents to three children who are studying.
Marta has owned ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Personal PurchasesPalestineAsim is a 22-year-old single man from Gaza city, which is located in the Gaza Strip and suffers from power outages 12-16 hours a day regularly. He lives with his family in ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- General StoreSierra LeoneOsman is twenty-eight years old, married, and has a two years old child. He has no additional dependents. In 2002, Osman established his business selling drinks, biscuits...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- Beauty SalonCosta RicaJudith is a young woman that provides beauty salon services in her home, and she also serves some clients in their homes. She is requesting a loan of 1,000,000 colones to ...Read their story >Funding via EDESA
- Food Production/SalesKenyaHarriet is a Kiva borrower. She has five children. She operates a retail business where she sells sugar, rice, beans, and vegetables. She has been involved in this business...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Julie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,604 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.