Join Bob Harris's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMilcah is 46 years old. She is married and has five children. Her business is growing maize, beans, cow peas, oranges and mangoes. Milcah has been in the business for 2...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- PoultryColombiaDeofanor is a 73 year old man. He has a 22 year old son and has been a widower for three years. He works raising and selling poultry, a business he started because of finan...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingPeruCesar is 37 years old. He lives with his partner and children in his own home, which is built from rustic materials. His home is in the Pomahuaca district, located in the...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis is Shiringul. She is 34 years old. She is a resident of the Pyandj region. Shiringul is married and the mother of four children. Her children are studying in secondary...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- LivestockMaliMariam is the woman holding the ram's horn on the photo. Mariam is Malian, 55 years old, illiterate, married and the mother of five children, aged 10 to 29 years, of whom o...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Bob Harris, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,791 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.