Join Scott's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RestaurantTimor-LesteJenny lives in Same and her business is restaurant food. She lives near many people, so she had an idea to open a restaurant for everybody to come and eat. She is earning a...Read their story >Funding via Tuba Rai Metin
- General StorePhilippinesInday is 39 years old, married with five children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Inday has a general store business in the Philippines. Inday requested a PHP 2...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- RetailSenegalThis 'Banc Villageois' was founded on 18th February 2001. It is a group of women who all work as retailers. Dieynaba (on the right in the photo with her hand raised) is t...Read their story >Funding via CAURIE Microfinance, a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaKha, 56 years old, is a fish seller and fisherman who lives in Santuk district, Kampong Thom Province. He is a hardworking father of five children. This woman is a wife of ...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL), a partner of Save the Children
- TransportationPeruMelvi is 35 and lives with his common-law partner in their own home made from local materials. He lives with his wife and their 4 children, ages 10, 9, 8 and 5, of which th...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,256 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.