Join Lorrie's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportPeruThe member, Yimy, still works as a motorcycle taxi driver. He helps his household with the family expenses. His desire to get ahead makes him go out early every day and c...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- PigsArmeniaAngin ended her first Kiva loan successfully and of good profit for her farm. Angin lives in Ijevan city of Tavush region. With her also lives her son’s family and they al...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorAna is 31 years old and lives in a house that she owns with her husband.
Ana has been making a living selling clothes for seven years. She has many customers owi...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaZhulieta lives with her daughter in Sevan city, Gegharkunik region. She has a specialty of being a senior trader and accountant and she works at a private company as a comm...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon Universal Credit Organization Limited Liability Company
- Grocery StoreLebanonWafaa is a 49-year-old married mother of three. Twelve years ago, she opened a grocery shop to help her husband in covering the needs and expenses of their children. She is...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
Kiva lenders, like Lorrie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,559 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.