Join Bobby's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePhilippinesJimson has owned and operated his farm for many years. The farm is earning well. In fact, he was able to repay his previous loan and provide for the daily needs of his fami...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- AgriculturePeruFrancisco, age 69, lives in his own home made of rustic materials. He lives with his wife and his son in the district of La Peca, in the province of Bagua, in the Amazon o...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Food StallBoliviaLupe is a 42-year-old woman. She lives with her partner and has one 7-year-old child. Her business is selling food. She is a good mother, conservative, and of a very good a...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- FarmingSurinameWikaash once again thanks all his Kiva lenders for helping him with the rice production. With the profit of last season, he could save more money for purchasing his own ric...Read their story >Funding via Stichting SEVA Microfinance Institute
- ClothingParaguayThe Amanecer Group is in its first loan cycle. It is a new group, and each member is trying their utmost to be able to grow and succeed. The members are part of the poverty...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Bobby, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,575 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.