Join Zahid's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RestaurantEl SalvadorJosé is 42 years old, and he has his own home where he lives with his life partner and his 15-year-old daughter. He is a hardworking man and makes a living thanks to a smal...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaNasiru is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Thanks to Babban Gona’s support, Nasiru is thankful that days of poor yields are long gone. As a Babban Gona member, he has the opport...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMarta is an enterprising woman. She only completed 4th grade and day after day she fights to help her family get ahead. She is married and lives with her husband and childr...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FishingPhilippinesSusan is married and has four children. She works hard to support her family. She has a fishing business in the Philippines. Susan earns additional income from fish vending...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- JewelryMexicoAnabel is a single, hardworking woman. She has a degree in law. She is 36 and lives in Hermosillo, where she runs her business.
Two years ago, she began selling ...Read their story >Funding via Konfío
Kiva lenders, like Zahid, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,113 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.