Join roshni's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaHello world, meet an amazing woman by the name of Lydia. She is a smallholder farmer based in Tot village in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. She is married to Robert, whom she ...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- ServicesPhilippinesJoylin and his family lives in the town of Carles in Iloilo, Philippines. She is 48 years old married woman and has four school aged children ages 18, 17, 16 and 10 years o...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonWissal is a 39-year-old married woman living with her husband. She is the mother of three children and a housewife dedicated only to her family. Her husband works as a driv...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- Clothing SalesColombiaStephanya is an enterprising young woman of 22 years old. She is a resident of the municipality of Malamba in the Atlantic. She is mother of a 3-year-old child. She make...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- General StorePhilippinesEstrella is 54 years old and married with five children. She works very hard to provide for them. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loa...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like roshni, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,815 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.