Join Tyler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CraftsLebanonAlia is the featured borrower for Whatsapp Group. She came together with her other group members to take out this Al Majmoua loan because they have always been neighbors an...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- Machinery RentalEl SalvadorAt the age of 28, Aparicio is a very responsible and hard-working man who earns a living through his business of nixtamal mills (nixtamal is an ingredient to make tortillas...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- PigsPhilippinesFlorenda is 42 years old and has six children. Florenda is married, and three of her children are currently in school.
Florenda is in the agricultural business o...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StoreColombiaMaria del Carmen is a 58-year-old woman who is married, independent, responsible, hardworking and a dreamer. She is the mother of five children. Due to the economic needs o...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- LivestockCosta RicaOldemar is 59 years old. He is married and he lives with his wife and two children. He wants to use this loan to buy a pair of dual purpose cows. He hopes to be able to get...Read their story >Funding via FUDECOSUR
Kiva lenders, like Tyler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,752 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.