Join Tyler on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyIndiaLalita, the lady standing to the left in the photo, is a 45-year-old lady who lost her husband four years ago. Since then, she has taken on all the burdens of her family. S...Read their story >Funding via People's Forum
- PigsPhilippinesMarisol is 44 years old and married and she has two children, both of whom are in school.
Marisol is in the agricultural business raising pigs in the Philippines...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Electrical GoodsGhanaStephen's business was able to generate better revenue, and he entered into the business of selling electrical appliances. He continues with his business of selling electri...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- Animal SalesTajikistanMahmadali is a resident of the city of Tursun-zoda. He is a married man. He is 49 years old. Mahmadali is married and the father of four children. His children are grown up...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Fruits & VegetablesTanzaniaHabiba is in her early 60s and is married with two children, who are grown up. She has been running a genge duka (food stall) for four years now. She works from 6:00 am to ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
Kiva lenders, like Tyler, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,819 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.