Join TorontoBabel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesKenyaJacinta is a married woman. She has four children. She describes herself to be capable. She operates a retail business where she sells charcoal. She has been involved in th...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Clothing SalesPakistanRamzana runs a clothing sales business that she operates from her home. She is hardworking and friendly. Her pleasant nature makes her favorite of her clients and her small...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaSalmanu is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Salmanu is thankful that days of poor yields are long gone. As a Babban Gona member, he has the opportunity to achieve yields of up ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FarmingArmeniaSatik is from Hovtashen village in the Shirak region, where she lives with her husband, parents-in-law, and two children.
The family's main occupation is farmin...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Fish SellingPhilippinesLorlin is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a fish vending business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 19,000 through NWTF to purchase more fish to sell ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like TorontoBabel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,748 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.