Join TorontoBabel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaBeatrice is a married woman with 3 children. She describes herself as honest. She operates a retail business where she sells beauty products, . She has been involved in thi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PigsPhilippinesElizabeth is 60 years old, married and lives in Tudela, Misamis Occidental, Philippines. In order to earn a living, she takes in and raises pigs from their neighborhood. <...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Recycled MaterialsEl SalvadorRafael lives with his wife. He does not have relatives that live abroad.
His business is buying and reselling recyclable materials like iron, copper, and alumin...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- PigsColombiaJohan is a 25 year old man who started a business with the dream of one day having enough capital to buy his own home, a huge challenge that he's willing to undertake and o...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Grocery StoreKenyaSaumu is a married woman with five kids, four of whom attend school. She owns a house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expense is food for...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
Kiva lenders, like TorontoBabel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,249 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.