Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTimor-LesteAmelia has been involved in activities since 2014. She started her business with her own working capital of $ 1500.00. Amelia has a shop in her business. So she is requesti...Read their story >Funding via Tuba Rai Metin
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJosué went to school up to the ninth grade, is married and lives with his wife, his in-laws and his little son who is in kindergarten. His wife takes care of the household ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingPhilippinesAlma owns a rice field. She toils working the land and growing rice. She has three children ages 4, 7 and 12. She struggles to support their needs. Her partner earns a livi...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
- Natural MedicinesColombiaOmar is a 43 year old businessman. He started his own small business selling agrochemicals, veterinary products, and cleaning products and has more than ten years' experien...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FishingPhilippinesAs a married parent of three children, Emelia works hard to support her family.
She has a fishing business in the Philippines and also earns additional income fr...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,815 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.