Join Tom on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleColombiaColombia is a country of strong traditions, and has a lot of country people who work the land and raise animals. Unfortunately, the people who do this work face many proble...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingTajikistanAbduvohid is a hardworking and responsible dekhan farmer. He works on his land and feeds his family through his work. Abduvohid is 56 years old. He has a wife and four chil...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- Consumer GoodsPeruThis is a member of the community bank "El Pacifico de San Salvador," which is located in the district of San Salvador in the province of Calca and department of Cusco.
Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- RetailKenyaJoyce is a married woman with six children, three of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water.
She has operate...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- General StorePhilippinesLydia is one of the members of Center for Community Transformation (CCT). She is a housewife and owns a sari-sari store. Sari-sari stores are businesses found in the Philip...Read their story >Funding via Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative, a partner of HOPE International
Kiva lenders, like Tom, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,807 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.