Don Alfredo is originally from the municipality of Tecpán, he is 50 years old and he looks after his children. He has been making a l...Read their story >
Join Sungmin on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesGuatemala"Dúo Estoy Con Dios" Group:
Don Alfredo is originally from the municipality of Tecpán, he is 50 years old and he looks after his children. He has been making a l...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanSobirjon was born in 1966. He is married and has 3 children. His children are non-adults and they are schoolboys. His wife is a nurse and she works in a hospital.
Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- AgricultureVietnamMrs. Thuy, 27, is a Thai ethnic woman who has been married and has three children at the ages of 10, 8 and 1. She lives with her husband and children in a Thai ethnic tradi...Read their story >Funding via Entrepreneurs du Monde - Anh Chi Em
- PoultryColombiaEdilma, 38, is a woman who's looking for a way to get ahead, be financially independent, be autonomous, not depend on anybody, and make progress with her family.
Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StorePhilippinesNelsita is 53 years old and married with six children. Nelsita works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 15,000 P...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Sungmin, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,489 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.