Join suki on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PhotographyTajikistanFaridun is a young and ambitious man from Kurgan-Tyube. He is 20 years old, but despite his young age, Faridun is working as a teacher in the local school. He is not marrie...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- PoultryEl SalvadorJosé is a hardworking man to works offering his services as a day laborer. Additionally, he has a chicken farm, which allows him to fulfill the food demand of his home. He ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- TailoringPakistanAbida is 49 years old active borrower of BRAC Pakistan, residing in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with her spouse and four children. Her husband has been running own tailoring shop ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- ServicesKenyaStanley is a married man with 3 children. He describes himself to be honest. He operates a M-pesa business where he offers money transfer services. He has been involved in ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgriculturePeruArtemio is 29 years old. He lives in his own house made of rustic material with his wife and their six children in the district of Santo Tomas, province of Cutervo, departm...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like suki, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,342 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.