She is managing a store and panciteria (eatery) for business. She is selling affordable and del...Read their story >
Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RestaurantPhilippinesClara is 59 years old, married, and has three grown-up children.
She is managing a store and panciteria (eatery) for business. She is selling affordable and del...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran, Inc. (ASKI)
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoShe is a woman who is a single mother and works at a company as a secretary.
She needs a prescription for corrective lenses as she suffers from myopia and endur...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- Personal Housing ExpensesAlbaniaThis is Nuredin, a 59-year-old widowed, vulnerable ethnic member of the Egyptian Albanian community. His living conditions are indeed very poor.
"My wife passed...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Albania
- General StorePhilippinesFely is 56 years old and married with six children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,0...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingCambodiaHoeurn is a 46-year-old woman with three dependent children living in Kampong Cham province. She has grown rice for 26 years to earn an income to support her living conditi...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,809 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.