Join Stephan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorSantos lives only with his wife, as his children now live in other places. He has adopted the basic grain crops as a source of income and also as an alternative to give his...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorRebeca is 27 years old and she has two children. She is separated from her husband and she lives only with her children, and she fights everyday for them to make sure they ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- ComputersKenyaRose is 38 years old and supports five people in her family. She has a computer services center, a business she has been doing for the last 10 years and gets a monthly inco...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorSaul is 38 years old and lives with his life partner and their 11-year-old daughter. He is a responsible father that in order to maintain the home finances, earns a living ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- RetailEl SalvadorAt 41 years old, Ana always shows her desires of getting ahead with her business selling beauty products and fine costume jewelry. She has been doing this job for several y...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Stephan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,519 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.